Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Unlike presidential administrations, problems rarely have terminal dates.
- A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
- There is nothing wrong with America that faith, love of freedom, intelligence, and energy of her citizens cannot cure.
- Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace.
- The spirit of man is more important than mere physical strength, and the spiritual fiber of a nation than its wealth
- When you are in any contest, you should work as if there were–to the very last minute–a chance to lose it. This is battle, this is politics, this is anything.