There is a certain satisfaction in coming down to the lowest ground of politics, for we get rid of cant and hypocrisy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Sincerity is the luxury allowed, like diadems and authority, only to the highest rank. Every man alone is sincere. At the entrance of a second person, hypocrisy begins.
- Every man alone is sincere. At the entrance of a second person, hypocrisy begins.
- At the entrance of a second person, hypocrisy begins.
- If you would lift me up you must be on higher ground.
- Concentration is the secret of strength in politics, in war, in trade, in short, in all the management of human affairs.
- Cant is always rather nauseating; but before we condemn political hypocrisy, let us remember that it is the tribute paid by men of leather to men of God, and that the acting of the part of someone better than oneself may actually commit one to a course of behavior perceptibly less evil than what would be normal and natural in an avowed cynic.