The house of Lords is a model on how to care for the elderly.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The great dividing line between success and failure can be expressed in five words: I DID NOT HAVE TIME.
- I am really sorry to see my countrymen trouble themselves about politics. If men were wise, the most arbitrary princes could not hurt them. If they are not wise, the freest government is compelled to be a tyranny. Princes appear to me to be fools. Houses of Commons and Houses of Lords appear to me to be fools; they seem to me to be something else besides human life.
- The House of Lords is the British Outer Mongolia for retired politicians.
- The apparent rulers of the English nation are like the imposing personages of a splendid procession: it is by them the mob are influenced; it is they whom the spectators cheer. The real rulers are secreted in second-rate carriages; no one cares for them or asks after them, but they are obeyed implicitly and unconsciously by reason of the splendor of those who eclipsed and preceded them.
- Whether elected or appointed he considers himself the Lord’s anointed, and indeed the ointment lingers on him so thick you can’t get your fingers on him.
- If I was forced to choose between the penitentiary and White House for four years, I would say the penitentiary, thank you.