In politics, as on the sickbed, people toss from side to side, thinking they will be more comfortable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.
- People may live as much retired from the world as they like, but sooner or later they find themselves debtor or creditor to some one.
- Whenever I hear people talking about liberal ideas, I am always astounded that men should love to fool themselves with empty sounds. An idea should never be liberal; it must be vigorous, positive, and without loose ends so that it may fulfill its divine mission and be productive. The proper place for liberality is in the realm of the emotions.
- Deeply earnest and thoughtful people stand on shaky footing with the public.
- Clever people are always the best conversations lexicon.
- What makes people happy is activity; changing evil itself into good by power, working in a God like manner.