The political arena leaves one no alternative, one must either be a dunce or a rogue.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Politics is the reflex of the business and industrial world.
- The State is the altar of political freedom and, like the religious altar, it is maintained for the purpose of human sacrifice.
- The higher mental development of woman, the less possible it is for her to meet a congenial male who will see in her, not only sex, but also the human being, the friend, the comrade and strong individuality, who cannot and ought not lose a single trait of her character.
- Every daring attempt to make a great change in existing conditions, every lofty vision of new possibilities for the human race, has been labeled Utopian.
- It is essential that we realize once and for all that man is much more of a sex creature than a moral creature. The former is inherent, the other is grafted on.
- To the indefinite, uncertain mind of the American radical the most contradictory ideas and methods are possible. The result is a sad chaos in the radical movement, a sort of intellectual hash, which has neither taste nor character.