If a politician isn’t doing it to his wife , then he’s doing it to his country.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You slam a politician, you make out he’s the devil, with horns and hoofs. But his wife loves him, and so did all his mistresses.
- A man who is a politician at forty is a statesman at three score and ten. It is at this age, when he would be too old to be a clerk or a gardener or a police-court magistrate, that he is ripe to govern a country.
- What this country needs is more unemployed politicians.
- The mistake a lot of politicians make is in forgetting they’ve been appointed and thinking they’ve been anointed.
- One can say that three pre-eminent qualities are decisive for the politician: passion, a feeling of responsibility, and a sense of proportion.
- A politician is a statesman who approaches every question with an open mouth.