In politics, being ridiculous is more damaging than being extreme.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Morality and expediency coincide more than the cynics allow.
- The proposition that Muslims are welcome in Britain if, and only if, they stop behaving like Muslims is a doctrine which is incompatible with the principles that guide a free society.
- Politics is like a race horse. A good jockey must know how to fall with the least possible damage.
- Politics is a place of humble hopes and strangely modest requirements, where all are good who are not criminal and all are wise who are not ridiculously otherwise.
- Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.
- Prosperity and is necessarily the first theme of a political campaign.