In politics, being ridiculous is more damaging than being extreme.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The proposition that Muslims are welcome in Britain if, and only if, they stop behaving like Muslims is a doctrine which is incompatible with the principles that guide a free society.
- Morality and expediency coincide more than the cynics allow.
- Politics is like a race horse. A good jockey must know how to fall with the least possible damage.
- Politics is a place of humble hopes and strangely modest requirements, where all are good who are not criminal and all are wise who are not ridiculously otherwise.
- Only he has the calling for politics who is sure that he will not crumble when the world from his point of view is too stupid or base for what he wants to offer. Only he who in the face of all this can say In spite of all! has the calling for politics.
- Prosperity and is necessarily the first theme of a political campaign.