Politics is like a race horse. A good jockey must know how to fall with the least possible damage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- In politics, being ridiculous is more damaging than being extreme.
- An empty stomach is not a good political advisor.
- Politics is a place of humble hopes and strangely modest requirements, where all are good who are not criminal and all are wise who are not ridiculously otherwise.
- There is no sea more dangerous than the ocean of practical politics — none in which there is more need of good pilots and of a single, unfaltering purpose when the waves rise high.
- To know your place is a good idea in politics. That is not to say stay in your place or hang on to your place, because ambition or boredom may dictate upward or downward mobility, but a sense of place — a feel for one’s own position in the control room — is useful in gauging what you should try to do.
- I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil, and I believe that in the end good will triumph.