The courts of kings are full of people, but empty of friends.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- He is a king who fears nothing, he is a king who desires nothing!
- The foremost art of kings is the ability to endure hatred.
- Nothing is void of God, his work is everywhere his full of himself.
- Consult your friend on all things, especially on those which respect yourself. His counsel may then be useful where your own self-love might impair your judgment.
- Those that are a friend to themselves are sure to be a friend to all.
- What madness it is for a man to starve himself to enrich his heir, and so turn a friend into an enemy! For his joy at your death will be proportioned to what you leave him.