Any man with a fine shock of hair, a good set of teeth, and a bewitching smile can park his brains, if he has any, and run for public office.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Any walk through a park that runs between a double line of mangy trees and passes brazenly by the ladies toilet is invariably known as Lover’s Lane.
- An old-timer is one who remembers when it cost more to run a car than to park it.
- Once you run for office, you’re in it — sort of like going into the military. You’d better be damned sure it is what you want to do and that the rest of your life is set up to accommodate that. It takes a certain toll on your personality and on your family life. I’ve seen it personally.
- The most difficult choice a politician must ever make is whether to be a hypocrite or a liar.
- A recent survey was said to prove that the people we Americans most admire are our politicians and doctors. I don’t believe it. They are simply the people we are most afraid of. And with the most reason.
- Until you’ve been in politics you’ve never really been alive; it’s rough and sometimes it’s dirty and it’s always hard work and tedious details. But, it’s the only sport for grown-ups all other games are for kids.