He thinks like a Tory, and talks like a Radical, and that’s so important nowadays.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I adore political parties. They are the only place left to us where people don’t talk politics.
- Only people who look dull ever get into the House of Commons, and only people who are dull ever succeed there.
- The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence.
- Nobody of any real culture, for instance, ever talks nowadays about the beauty of sunset. Sunsets are quite old fashioned. To admire them is a distinct sign of provincialism of temperament. Upon the other hand they go on.
- Talk to a woman as if you loved her, and to a man as if he bored you.
- Of course the music is a great difficulty. You see, if one plays good music, people don’t listen, and if one plays bad music people don’t talk.