The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You don’t learn to hold your own in the world by standing on guard, but by attacking and getting well hammered yourself.
- Marriage is popular because it combines the maximum of temptation with the maximum of opportunity.
- I’m only a beer teetotaler, not a champagne teetotaler.
- The ordinary man is an anarchist. He wants to do as he likes. He may want his neighbor to be governed, but he himself doesn’t want to be governed. He is mortally afraid of government officials and policemen.
- It has taken me nearly twenty years of studied self-restraint, aided by the natural decay of my faculties, to make myself dull enough to be accepted as a serious person by the British public; and I am not sure that I am not still regarded as a suspicious character in some quarters.
- The most anxious man in a prison is the governor.