There is a noble manner of being poor, and who does not know it will never be rich.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Not he who has little, but he whose wishes more, is poor.
- If you live according to the dictates of nature, you will never be poor; if according to the notions of man, you will never be rich.
- Philosophy does not regard pedigree, she received Plato not as a noble, but she made him one.
- What once were vices are manners now.
- The acquisition of riches has been to many not an end to their miseries, but a change in them: The fault is not in the riches, but the disposition.
- It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.