Power does not corrupt men; fools, however, if they get into a position of power, corrupt power.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You cannot have power for good without having power for evil too. Even mother’s milk nourishes murderers as well as heroes.
- I talk democracy to these men and women. I tell them that they have the vote, and that theirs is the kingdom and the power and the glory. I say to them You are supreme: exercise your power. They say, That’s right: tell us what to do; and I tell them. I say Exercise our vote intelligently by voting for me. And they do. That’s democracy; and a splendid thing it is too for putting the right men in the right place.
- Democracy is a form of government that substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
- Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
- Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it.
- It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters any more. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.