You can’t pray a lie.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- More than once I had seen a noble who had gotten his enemy at a disadvantage stop to pray before cutting his throat.
- Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
- I never could tell a lie that anybody would doubt, nor a truth that anybody would believe.
- One of the striking differences between a cat and a lie is that the cat has only nine lives.
- I have a higher and grander standard of principle than George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won t.
- A lie can run around the world six times while the truth is still trying to put on its pants.