You can’t pray a lie.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- More than once I had seen a noble who had gotten his enemy at a disadvantage stop to pray before cutting his throat.
- Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
- One of the striking differences between a cat and a lie is that the cat has only nine lives.
- A lie can run around the world six times while the truth is still trying to put on its pants.
- I have a higher and grander standard of principle than George Washington. He could not lie; I can, but I won t.
- History is strewn thick with evidence that a truth is not hard to kill, but a lie, well told, is immortal.