You can’t pray a lie.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Warm summer sun, shine kindly here. Warm southern wind, blow softly here. Green sod above, lie light, lie light. Good night, dear Heart, Good night, good night.
- Man is a creature made at the end of the week’s work when God was tired.
- From his cradle to his grave a man never does a single thing which has any FIRST AND FOREMOST object but one — to secure peace of mind, spiritual comfort, for HIMSELF.
- Few sinners are saved after the first twenty minutes of a sermon.
- I refused to attend his funeral. But I wrote a very nice letter explaining that I approved of it.
- Happiness ain’t a thing in itself –it’s only a contrast with something that ain’t pleasant. And so, as soon as the novelty is over and the force of the contrast dulled, it ain’t happiness any longer, and you have to get something fresh.