There are thousands hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify, simplify! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand; instead of a million count half a dozen, and keep your accounts on your thumb-nail.
- There is no more fatal blunderer than he who consumes the greater part of his life getting his living.
- I would give all the wealth of the world, and all the deeds of all the heroes, for one true vision.
- Men have become the tools of their trade.
- All good things are cheap: all bad are very dear.
- All voting is a sort of gaming, like checkers or backgammon, with a slight moral tinge to it, a playing with right and wrong.