Deeply earnest and thoughtful people stand on shaky footing with the public.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Then indecision brings its own delays, And days are lost lamenting o’er lost days. Are you in earnest? Seize this very minute; What you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
- The Christian religion, though scattered and abroad will in the end gather itself together at the foot of the cross.
- On the pinnacle of success man does not stand firm long.
- A person can stand almost anything except a succession of ordinary days.
- I’ve studied now Philosophy and Jurisprudence, Medicine — and even, alas! Theology — from end to end with labor keen; and here, poor fool with all my lore I stand, no wiser than before.
- If any man wishes to write a clear style, let him first be clear in his thoughts.