The first thing to do in life is to do with purpose what one purposes to do.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I feel the capacity to care is the thing which gives life its deepest significance.
- Let us not forget that the greatest composers were also the greatest thieves. They stole from everyone and everywhere.
- We ought to think that we are one of the leaves of a tree, and the tree is all humanity. We cannot live without the others, without the tree.
- To retire is to die.
- Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.
- To the person with a firm purpose all men and things are servants.