The test of a man or woman’s breeding is how they behave in a quarrel.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is a woman’s business to get married as soon as possible, and a man’s to keep unmarried as long as he can.
- The only way for a woman to provide for herself decently is for her to be good to some man that can afford to be good to her.
- The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another.
- First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity: no really self-respecting woman would take advantage of it.
- A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most. On Other Peoples Expectations: The only man who behaved sensibly was my tailor; he took my measurement anew every time he saw me, while all the rest went on with their old measurements and expected them to fit me.
- A man who has no office to go to — I don’t care who he is — is a trial of which you can have no conception.