The test of a man or woman’s breeding is how they behave in a quarrel.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them.
- It is a woman’s business to get married as soon as possible, and a man’s to keep unmarried as long as he can.
- The only way for a woman to provide for herself decently is for her to be good to some man that can afford to be good to her.
- The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another.
- First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity: no really self-respecting woman would take advantage of it.
- A man who has no office to go to — I don’t care who he is — is a trial of which you can have no conception.