To regret deeply is to live afresh.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You know about a person who deeply interests you more than you can be told. A look, a gesture, an act, which to everybody else is insignificant tells you more about that one than words can.
- Glances of true beauty can be seen in the faces of those who live in true meekness.
- You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.
- There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly. I please myself with imagining a State at last which can afford to be just to all men, and to treat the individual with respect as a neighbor; which even would not think it inconsistent with its own repose if a few went to live aloof from it, not meddling with it, nor embraced by it, who fulfilled all the duties of neighbors and fellow-men. A State which bore this kind of fruit, and suffered it to drop off as fast as it ripened, would prepare the way for a still more perfect and glorious State, which also I have imagined, but not yet anywhere seen.
- There is no more fatal blunderer than he who consumes the greater part of his life getting his living.
- Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.