Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting.
- Between us, we cover all knowledge; he knows all that can be known and I know the rest.
- All say, How hard it is that we have to die — a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
- The trouble with you Chicago people is that you think you are the best people down here, whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- I am a democrat only on principle, not by instinct — nobody is that. Doubtless some people say they are, but this world is grievously given to lying.
- If to be interesting is to be uncommonplace, it is becoming a question, with me, if there are any commonplace people.