Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The trouble with you Chicago people is that you think you are the best people down here, whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- All say, How hard it is that we have to die — a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
- Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.
- There are no people who are quite so vulgar as the over-refined.
- Keep away from small people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- No real gentleman will tell the naked truth in the presence of ladies.