No age seemed the age of romance to itself.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It were a real increase of human happiness, could all young men from the age of nineteen be covered under barrels, or rendered otherwise invisible; and there left to follow their lawful studies and callings, till they emerged, sadder and wiser, at the age of twenty-five.
- Old age is not a matter for sorrow. It is matter for thanks if we have left our work done behind us.
- Work alone is noble.
- Every noble work is at first impossible.
- Writing is a dreadful labor, yet not so dreadful as Idleness.
- A fair day’s wages for a fair day’s work.