No age seemed the age of romance to itself.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It were a real increase of human happiness, could all young men from the age of nineteen be covered under barrels, or rendered otherwise invisible; and there left to follow their lawful studies and callings, till they emerged, sadder and wiser, at the age of twenty-five.
- Old age is not a matter for sorrow. It is matter for thanks if we have left our work done behind us.
- Youth is to all the glad season of life; but often only by what it hopes, not by what it attains, or what it escapes.
- Writing is a dreadful labor, yet not so dreadful as Idleness.
- Worship is transcendent wonder.
- Work alone is noble.