Those who live by the sea can hardly form a single thought of which the sea would not be part.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- No one’s death comes to pass without making some impression, and those close to the deceased inherit part of the liberated soul and become richer in their humanness.
- What’s important is promising something to the people, not actually keeping those promises. The people have always lived on hope alone.
- The world has always gone through periods of madness so as to advance a bit on the road to reason.
- The sea is mother-death and she is a mighty female, the one who wins, the one who sucks us all up.
- I hate to be near the sea, and to hear it roaring and raging like a wild beast in its den. It puts me in mind of the everlasting efforts of the human mind, struggling to be free, and ending just where it began.
- The sea speaks a language polite people never repeat. It is a colossal scavenger slang and has no respect.