One day I sat thinking, almost in despair; a hand fell on my shoulder and a voice said reassuringly: cheer up, things could get worse. So I cheered up and, sure enough, things got worse.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If you hear a voice within you saying, You are not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.
- The more faithfully you listen to the voices within you, the better you will hear what is sounding outside.
- We all have voices in our heads which talks to us on an almost constant basis. Our voices give us messages continually, and what they say to us affects us.
- If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It’s very important to be aware of them every time they come up.
- Every waking moments we talk to ourselves about the things we experience. Our self-talk, the thoughts we communicate to ourselves, in turn control the way we feel and act.
- He who would be useful, strong, and happy must cease to be a passive receptacle for the negative, beggarly, and impure streams of thought; and as a wise householder commands his servants and invites his guests, so must he learn to command his desires and to say, with authority, what thoughts he shall admit into the mansion of his soul.