That man’s silence is wonderful to listen to.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The main object of religion is not to get a man into heaven, but to get heaven into him.
- Time changes everything except something within us which is always surprised by change.
- Pessimism is, in brief, playing the sure game. You cannot lose at it; you may gain. It is the only view of life in which you can never be disappointed. Having reckoned what to do in the worst possible circumstances, when better arise, as they may, life becomes child’s play.
- Well: what we gain by science is, after all, sadness, as the Preacher saith. The more we know of the laws and nature of the Universe the more ghastly a business we perceive it all to be — and the non-necessity of it.
- Once victim, always victim — that’s the law!
- Poetry is emotion put into measure. The emotion must come by nature, but the measure can be acquired by art.