Those that vow the most are the least sincere.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Pity those who nature abuses; never those who abuse nature.
- There is nothing on earth so easy as to forget, if a person chooses to set about it. I’m sure I have as much forgot your poor, dear uncle, as if he had never existed; and I thought it my duty to do so.
- There’s no possibility of being witty without a little ill-nature — the malice of a good thing is the barb that makes it stick.
- Take care; you know I am compliance itself, when I am not thwarted! No one more easily led, when I have my own way; but don’t put me in a frenzy.
- He is the very pineapple of politeness!
- Madam, a circulating library in a town is as an evergreen tree of diabolical knowledge; it blossoms through the year. And depend on it that they who are so fond of handling the leaves, will long for the fruit at last.