Great intellects are skeptical.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The great man fights the elements in his time that hinder his own greatness, in other words his own freedom and sincerity.
- The spiritualization of sensuality is called love: it is a great triumph over Christianity.
- Wherever there are walls I shall inscribe this eternal accusation against Christianity upon them — I can write in letters which make even the blind see. I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct for revenge for which no expedient is sufficiently poisonous, secret, subterranean, petty — I call it the one immortal blemish of mankind.
- To do great things is difficult, but to command great things is more difficult.
- Two great European narcotics, alcohol and Christianity.
- Only the most acute and active animals are capable of boredom. — A theme for a great poet would be God’s boredom on the seventh day of creation.