I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I have never found a companion so companionable as solitude.
- I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone, I never found the companionable as solitude.
- If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment.
- The really efficient laborer will be found not to crowd his day with work, but will saunter to his task surrounded by a wide halo of ease and leisure.
- A man sits as many risks as he runs.
- A perfectly healthy sentence, it is true, is extremely rare. For the most part we miss the hue and fragrance of the thought; as if we could be satisfied with the dews of the morning or evening without their colors, or the heavens without their azure.