If an eloquent speaker speak not the truth, is there a more horrid kind of object in creation?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together by the tie of sympathy.
- The cut of a garment speaks of intellect and talent and the color of temperament and heart.
- Show me the man you honor, and I will know what kind of a man you are. It shows me what your ideal of manhood is, and what kind of a man you long to be.
- Action hangs, as it were, dissolved in speech, in thoughts whereof speech is the shadow; and precipitates itself therefrom. The kind of speech in a man betokens the kind of action you will get from him.
- Even in the meanest sorts of labor, the whole soul of a man is composed into a kind of real harmony the instant he sets himself to work.
- No iron chain, or outward force of any kind, can ever compel the soul of a person to believe or to disbelieve.