When I think over what I have said, I envy dumb people.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- When ever the speech is corrupted so is the mind.
- No evil is without its compensation. The less money, the less trouble; the less favor, the less envy. Even in those cases which put us out of wits, it is not the loss itself, but the estimate of the loss that troubles us.
- Why do people not confess vices? It is because they have not yet laid them aside. It is a waking person only who can tell their dreams.
- Success is not greedy, as people think, but insignificant. That is why it satisfies nobody.
- The courts of kings are full of people, but empty of friends.
- There are no greater wretches in the world than many of those whom people in general take to be happy.