When I think over what I have said, I envy dumb people.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- No evil is without its compensation. The less money, the less trouble; the less favor, the less envy. Even in those cases which put us out of wits, it is not the loss itself, but the estimate of the loss that troubles us.
- Success is not greedy, as people think, but insignificant. That is why it satisfies nobody.
- There are no greater wretches in the world than many of those whom people in general take to be happy.
- What difference does it make how much you have? What you do not have amounts to much more.
- When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
- No action will be considered blameless, unless the will was so, for by the will the act was dictated.