Talk is over-rated as a means of settling disputes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Nothing ends nicely, that’s why it ends.
- A talk is like a woman’s dress. Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to be interesting.
- I don’t want to talk grammar. I want to talk like a lady.
- Listening to someone talk isn’t at all like listening to their words played over on a machine. What you hear when you have a face before you is never what you hear when you have before you a winding tape.
- Speech and silence. We feel safer with a madman who talks than with one who cannot open his mouth.
- It’s a damn shame we have this immediate ticking off in the mind about how people sound. On the other hand, how many people really want to be operated upon by a surgeon who talks broad cockney?