The spirit of man is more important than mere physical strength, and the spiritual fiber of a nation than its wealth
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Our real problem, then, is not our strength today; it is rather the vital necessity of action today to ensure our strength tomorrow.
- Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg.
- Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels — men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
- Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage.
- Neither a wise nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him.
- I would rather try to persuade a man to go along, because once I have persuaded him, he will stick. If I scare him, he will stay just as long as he is scared, and then he is gone.