Most of the successful people I’ve known are the ones who do more listening than talking.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- During my eighty-seven years, I have witnessed a whole succession of technological revolutions. But none of them has done away with the need for character in the individual or the ability to think.
- Making a success of the job at hand is the best step toward the kind you want.
- Two things are bad for the heart — running up stairs and running down people.
- If the history of the past fifty years teaches us anything, it is that peace does not follow disarmament — disarmament follows peace.
- Only as you do know yourself can your brain serve you as a sharp and efficient tool. Know your failings, passions, and prejudices so you can separate them from what you see. Know also when you actually have thought through to the nature of the thing with which you are dealing and when you are not thinking at all.
- Whatever failures I have known, whatever errors I have committed, whatever follies I have witnessed in private and public life have been the consequence of action without thought.