If what you have done is unjust, you have not succeeded.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Youth is to all the glad season of life; but often only by what it hopes, not by what it attains, or what it escapes.
- Worship is transcendent wonder.
- Writing is a dreadful labor, yet not so dreadful as Idleness.
- Our works are the mirror wherein the spirit first sees its natural lineaments, Hence, too, the folly of that impossible precept, Know thyself; till it be translated into this partially possible one, know what thou canst work at.
- Work alone is noble.
- A man perfects himself by working. Foul jungles are cleared away, fair seed-fields rise instead, and stately cities; and with the man himself first ceases to be a jungle, and foul unwholesome desert thereby. The man is now a man.