The real winners are not those at the top but those who have come the farthest over the toughest roads. Your victory may never make the headlines. But you will know about it, and that’s what counts.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There is always a way to go if you look for it.
- Success by the laws of competition signifies a victory over others by obtaining the direction and profits of their work. This is the real source of all great riches.
- If man has good corn, or wood, or boards, or pigs to sell, or can make better chairs or knives, crucibles, or church organs, than anybody else, you will find a broad, hard-beaten road to his house, though it be in the woods.
- There is always room at the top.
- There is plenty of room at the top — but no place to sit down.
- One only gets to the top rung of the ladder by steadily climbing up one at a time, and suddenly all sorts of powers, all sorts of abilities which you thought never belonged to you–suddenly become within your own possibility and you think, Well, I’ll have a go, too.