The prospect of success in achieving our most cherished dream is not without its terrors. Who is more deprived and alone than the man who has achieved his dream?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
- At the innermost core of all loneliness is a deep and powerful yearning for union with one’s lost self.
- Success is not something I’ve wrapped my brain around. If people go to those movies, then yes, that’s true, big-time success. If not, it’s much ado about nothing. [On the prospects for his 1997 movies The Rainmaker and Good Will Hunting]
- We climb to heaven most often on the ruins of our cherished plans, finding our failures were successes.
- A young person, to achieve, must first get out of his mind any notion either of the ease or rapidity of success. Nothing ever just happens in this world.
- If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this; enjoy it but never quite believe it.