The prospect of success in achieving our most cherished dream is not without its terrors. Who is more deprived and alone than the man who has achieved his dream?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
- At the innermost core of all loneliness is a deep and powerful yearning for union with one’s lost self.
- Success is not something I’ve wrapped my brain around. If people go to those movies, then yes, that’s true, big-time success. If not, it’s much ado about nothing. [On the prospects for his 1997 movies The Rainmaker and Good Will Hunting]
- We climb to heaven most often on the ruins of our cherished plans, finding our failures were successes.
- Success has always been easy to measure. It is the distance between one’s origins and one’s final achievement.
- Success, in my view, is the willingness to strive for something you really want. The person not reaching the top is no less a success than the one who achieved it, if they both sweated blood, sweat and tears and overcame obstacles and fears. The failure to be perfect does not mean you’re not a success.