Would you live with ease, do what you should, and not what you please. Success has ruined many a man.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- You will find the key to success under the alarm clock.
- So much for industry, my friends, and attention to one’s own business; but to these we must add frugality if we would make our industry more certainly successful. A man may, if he knows not how to save as he gets, keep his nose all his life to the grindstone, and die not worth a grout at last.
- Friends and neighbors, the taxes are indeed very heavy, and if those laid on by the government were the only ones we had to pay, we might more easily discharge them; but we have many others, and much more grievous to some of us. We are taxed twice as much by our idleness, three times as much by our pride, and four times as much by our folly; and from these taxes the commissioners cannot ease or deliver us by allowing abatement.
- Trouble springs from idleness, and grievous toil from needless ease.
- No nation was ever ruined by trade.
- It is the eye of other people that ruin us. If I were blind I would want, neither fine clothes, fine houses or fine furniture.