Success has always been a great liar.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The spiritualization of sensuality is called love: it is a great triumph over Christianity.
- Only the most acute and active animals are capable of boredom. — A theme for a great poet would be God’s boredom on the seventh day of creation.
- To give style to one’s character — a great and rare art! He exercises it who surveys all that his nature presents in strength and weakness and then moulds it to an artistic plan until everything appears as art and reason, and even the weaknesses delight the eye.
- The strongest knowledge (that of the total freedom of the human will) is nonetheless the poorest in successes: for it always has the strongest opponent, human vanity.
- The great man fights the elements in his time that hinder his own greatness, in other words his own freedom and sincerity.
- To do great things is difficult, but to command great things is more difficult.