Ay, ay, the best terms will grow obsolete: damns have had their day.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- An unforgiving eye, and a damned disinheriting countenance!
- For if there is anything to one’s praise, it is foolish vanity to be gratified at it, and if it is abuse — why one is always sure to hear of it from one damned good-natured friend or another!
- Take care; you know I am compliance itself, when I am not thwarted! No one more easily led, when I have my own way; but don’t put me in a frenzy.
- Pity those who nature abuses; never those who abuse nature.
- There is nothing on earth so easy as to forget, if a person chooses to set about it. I’m sure I have as much forgot your poor, dear uncle, as if he had never existed; and I thought it my duty to do so.
- He is the very pineapple of politeness!