Tact in audacity consists in knowing how far we may go too far.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Tact is knowing how far to go too far.
- True realism consists in revealing the surprising things which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
- The extreme limit of wisdom –that’s what the public calls madness.
- Wealth is an inborn attitude of mind, like poverty. The pauper who has made his pile may flaunt his spoils, but cannot wear them plausibly.
- What is line? It is life. A line must live at each point along its course in such a way that the artist’s presence makes itself felt above that of the model. With the writer, line takes precedence over form and content. It runs through the words he assembles. It strikes a continuous note unperceived by ear or eye. It is, in a way, the soul’s style, and if the line ceases to have a life of its own, if it only describes an arabesque, the soul is missing and the writing dies.
- Style is a simple way of saying complicated things.