Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- I never guess. It is a shocking habit — destructive to the logical faculty.
- Violence does, in truth, recoil upon the violent, and the schemer falls into the pit which he digs for another.
- I consider that a man’s brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose.
- I can never bring you to realize the importance of sleeves, the suggestiveness of thumb-nails, or the great issues that may hang from a boot-lace.
- It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.
- From a drop of water a logician could infer the possibility of an Atlantic or a Niagara without having seen or heard of one or the other.