When teaching, light a fire, don’t fill a bucket.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Your Master Teacher knows all you need to learn, the perfect timing for your learning it, and the ideal way of teaching it to you. You don’t create a Master Teacher — that’s already been done. You discover your Master Teacher.
- Whatever you teach, be brief; what is quickly said the mind readily receives and faithfully retains, while everything superfluous runs over as from a full container. Who knows much says least.
- Never offer to teach a fish to swim.
- It is easier for a tutor to command than to teach.
- A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on a cold iron.
- If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people.