Take care; you know I am compliance itself, when I am not thwarted! No one more easily led, when I have my own way; but don’t put me in a frenzy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Madam, a circulating library in a town is as an evergreen tree of diabolical knowledge; it blossoms through the year. And depend on it that they who are so fond of handling the leaves, will long for the fruit at last.
- I open with a clock striking, to beget an awful attention in the audience — it also marks the time, which is four o clock in the morning, and saves a description of the rising sun, and a great deal about gilding the eastern hemisphere.
- Remember that when you meet your antagonist, to do everything in a mild agreeable manner. Let your courage be keen, but, at the same time, as polished as your sword.
- ‘Tis safest in matrimony to begin with a little aversion.
- An unforgiving eye, and a damned disinheriting countenance!
- When delicate and feeling souls are separated, there is not a feature in the sky, not a movement of the elements, not an aspiration of the breeze, but hints some cause for a lover’s apprehension.