All truly wise thoughts have been thoughts already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Thought expands, but paralyzes; action animates, but narrows.
- Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking.
- A person is never happy till their vague strivings has itself marked out its proper limitations.
- Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.
- Beauty is a primeval phenomenon, which itself never makes its appearance, but the reflection of which is visible in a thousand different utterances of the creative mind, and is as various as nature herself.
- Whether a person shows themselves to be a genius in science or in writing a song, the only point is, whether the thought, the discovery, or the deed, is living and can live on.