Many a man fails as an original thinker simply because his memory it too good.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Thoughts are the shadows of our sensations — always darker, emptier, simpler than these.
- When we talk in company we lose our unique tone of voice, and this leads us to make statements which is no way correspond to our real thoughts.
- The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
- The anarchist and the Christian have a common origin.
- To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled — because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.
- What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man.