Eternity! thou pleasing, dreadful thought.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A day, an hour of virtuous liberty is worth a whole eternity in bondage.
- We are growing serious, and let me tell you, that’s the next step to being dull.
- Our disputants put me in mind of the cuttlefish that, when he is unable to extricate himself, blackens the water about him till he becomes invisible.
- Some virtues are only seen in affliction and others only in prosperity.
- To be exempt from the passions with which others are tormented, is the only pleasing solitude.
- There is not a more unhappy being than a superannuated idol.