The only successful revolution of this century is totalitarianism.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Totalitarianism is never content to rule by external means, namely, through the state and a machinery of violence; thanks to its peculiar ideology and the role assigned to it in this apparatus of coercion, totalitarianism has discovered a means of dominating and terrorizing human beings from within.
- There is a totalitarian regime inside every one of us. We are ruled by a ruthless politburo which sets our norms and drives us from one five-year plan to another. The autonomous individual who has to justify his existence by his own efforts is in eternal bondage to himself.
- Only the mob and the elite can be attracted by the momentum of totalitarianism itself. The masses have to be won by propaganda.
- One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves.
- People who live in the post-totalitarian system know only too well that the question of whether one or several political parties are in power, and how these parties define and label themselves, is of far less importance than the question of whether or not it is possible to live like a human being.
- Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to be loved when one of the two must be lacking.