If ever we hear a case of lying, we must look for a severe parents. A lie would have no sense unless the truth were felt as dangerous.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The trouble with lying and deceiving is that their efficiency depends entirely upon a clear notion of the truth that the liar and deceiver wishes to hide. In this sense, truth, even if it does not prevail in public, possesses an ineradicable primacy over all falsehoods.
- Nothing is poorer than a truth expressed as it was thought. Committed to writing in such cases, it is not even a bad photograph. Truth wants to be startled abruptly, at one stroke, from her self-immersion, whether by uproar, music or cries for help.
- One should be just as careful about lying as about telling the truth.
- It’s essential to tell the truth at all times. This will reduce life’s pain. Lying distorts reality. All forms of distorted thinking must be corrected.
- I never could tell a lie that anybody would doubt, nor a truth that anybody would believe.
- The truth is balance. However the opposite of truth, which is unbalance, may not be a lie.