Truth — An ingenious compound of desirability and appearance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Age. That period of life in which we compound for the vices that remain by reviling those we have no longer the vigor to commit.
- Duty. That which sternly impels us in the direction of profit, along the line of desire.
- Ambition. An overmastering desire to be vilified by enemies while living and made ridiculous by friends when dead.
- Wit. The salt with which the American humorist spoils his intellectual cookery by leaving it out.
- Bride. A woman with a fine prospect of happiness behind her.
- They say that hens do cackle loudest when there is nothing vital in the eggs they have laid.