For truth is precious and divine, too rich a pearl for carnal swine.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There is no such source of error as the pursuit of truth.
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well.
- When the righteous man truth away from his righteousness that he hath committed and doeth that which is neither quite lawful nor quite right, he will generally be found to have gained in amiability what he has lost in holiness.
- A virtue to be serviceable must, like gold, be alloyed with some commoner, but more durable alloy.
- Work with some men is as besetting a sin as idleness.
- When the water of a place is bad it is safest to drink none that has not been filtered through either the berry of a grape, or else a tub of malt. These are the most reliable filters yet invented.