For truth is precious and divine, too rich a pearl for carnal swine.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There is no such source of error as the pursuit of truth.
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well.
- When the righteous man truth away from his righteousness that he hath committed and doeth that which is neither quite lawful nor quite right, he will generally be found to have gained in amiability what he has lost in holiness.
- Every man’s work, whether it be literature, or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
- Work with some men is as besetting a sin as idleness.
- For Wealth are all things that conduce, to one’s destruction or their use. A standard both to buy and sell, all things from heaven down to hell.